Patent Applications, Opinions and Strategies
ROTH serves its clients in all procedural and legal aspects concerning European, PCT, and German applications, patents and utility models as well as all aspects of trademark and design prosecution.
The firm acts for its clients in procuring, maintaining and administrating patent rights and covers the entire range of procedural steps including the preparation, filing and prosecution of applications, and the representation in opposition proceedings.
To satisfy our clients’ needs in almost all technical fields, the firm includes a number of highly specialized experts that have acquired in-depth technical expertise to serve our clients’ specific needs. These experts cover the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software, physics, chemistry, biotechnology, material science, metallurgy, and nanotechnology.
The key elements of our patent advisory services are:
- Drafting, filing and prosecution of German, European and International patent applications.
- Patent searches and evaluation of patent search reports
- Prosecution of opposition proceedings
- Representation in nullity proceedings before the German Federal Patent Court, including appeal proceedings before the German Federal Court of Justice
- Representation by patent attorneys in patent infringement proceedings
- Preparation and negotiation of license agreements
- Strategic consulting for building up patent portfolios
- Management of patent portfolios